Monday, August 2, 2010

It's The Little Things, and Not So Little

Observation: It actually makes me stupid happy when I can get exactly the number of ice cubes I want out of the automatic ice dispenser and into my glass in one shot.

I think one of the earliest signs of settling into a new house is when you master the rhythm of your automatic ice maker. There are always those early days in a new house when, based on some ice maker from a previous life, you assume you know just how quickly and exactly how many ice cubes that sucker is going to spit into your glass. Until you get past that assumption and start paying attention, you're going to be picking up ice and tossing it into the dog's bowl or stepping your sock feet in cold puddles left by rogue ice cubes.


Oh, and check out the monster tires I saw on the highway recently.




Come on, just take it in for a minute how big those tires are... and don't think about how there are people out there who take pictures like this while maintaining 70mph on the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment